Most helpful customer reviews
19 of 19 people found the following review helpful.
"Clock says blue time to go mimis"- music to my exhausted ears
My toddler is 2 years old and a HORRIBLE sleeper. We've tried A LOT of different things. Our pediatrician suggested that we try a sleep clock. We thought that it might just be a waste of money. She cants tell time, nor does she really know what time is... how will this help?
1. She does know colors, so when the clock is one of the three colors she tells me what she should be doing.
2. Unlike traditional alarm clocks the buttons for all of the settings are under a face plate... so she cant set and alarm to go off at midnight in TWO separate rooms. (How does that even happen?)
3. She likes that it is "Her clock" and clearly has a night time theme
4. It is both plug in and battery operated so we can travel with it
5. There is a white noise component that we use for nap time. You can silence it with punching the purple button again
6. You set up all of the times but you can do a manual override with the buttons on the top with a tap + 5 seconds
7. You can set different times for the weekday and weekend and **try** to squeeze out a little extra sleep
My kid talks about this clock. I incorporate it into any story about bedtime. Ex. Baby bear gets ready for bed and the clock says blue! Its working and when you are as exhausted as I have been- you will try anything. This actually works!
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful.
Great tool to help kids stay in bed until a reasonable hour in the morning
By Marissa J McLain
This is the second clock I've purchased from this manufacturer. I got the original Tot Clock years ago for my now 7 year old (who still uses it, not for knowing when to wake up anymore as she can tell time, but she still likes listening to the soft music to fall asleep to at night). I purchased the sleep clock for my 2 year old because I didn't need the extra functions of the tot clock. She loves it! She also likes falling asleep to the soft music both at night time and at naptime. For her, I mainly use it so she doesn't wake up at 5am and think it's ok to get up. She knows that she should stay in bed until her clock turns yellow (which you can set for whatever time you like - we set it for 7am). It took a little for her to get the concept, but she understands it now and is pretty good about it. You also set the bedtime so when you're in a heated argument about whether or not it's bedtime with your terrible two year old who thinks she rules the house, you simply point to the clock and say "Oh look, your clock is blue, that means it's bedtime". Hard to argue with an inanimate object telling you it's bedtime.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful. See all 48 customer reviews...
The usually have a little elephant red light that glows super low, so this blue one is a huge ...
By Amazon Customer
I am returning this, due to the face being too bright. Even on the lowest setting, it's a bright harsh blue to me. And blue lights are shown to wake the eyes up. I have enough trouble keeping my kids asleep. The usually have a little elephant red light that glows super low, so this blue one is a huge difference.
But I still gave it 4 stars for all the functions and the faceplate that covers everything. Wish it would've worked for us.