Most helpful customer reviews
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
Love Melissa & Doug 48 pc puzzles
We had some Melissa & Doug 24pc puzzles and wanted a variety of 48pc puzzles to get our kids started on. They love the vibrant pictures and they have a lot of fun with these. We bought 3: space, horses, and mermaids. They are great. We actually already have the pirate ship one and these are easier than that one. The pirate ship one is surprisingly, and embarrassingly, hard. I hope if anyone reading this who has the pirate ship one can relate. I chose these other three because of their distinct coloring and the space between like objects, etc so it would be something they wont get frustrated with. But we do still love the pirate ship one as well. The pictures are really nice and don't seem to wear off. The pieces fit together nicely. They are all-around a great pick if your kids like puzzles. My two boys have autism and my two girls just happen to enjoy puzzles. So if you need them for lesson or just to keep them busy, or like we are doing- lessons to teach them to keep themselves busy- these will probably work great for you as well!
5 of 5 people found the following review helpful.
Cute horse puzzle
By Lisa Anderson
We bought this puzzle for my 3 year old daughter for Christmas because right now she is in love with horses! Some pros and cons about the puzzle:
- There is no picture of the puzzle on the background. For some reason, I thought there would be (as we have a couple very simple Melissa & Doug puzzles where when you remove the pieces, the picture is on the back so help the kiddo put the pieces in the right place.. and there isnt here). It'll take my daughter some practice, but its kinda hard to find what goes where when you dont have a picture of the puzzle!
- Some of the pieces are tight fitting. I think this may be because its new.. we just need to break it in some, but some of the pieces you have to give some force to put them together.
- The durability.. gotta love Melissa & Doug! We are a huge fan of them, have so many of their toys, and the durability of this toy is excellent. Much better than those cardboard puzzles!
- The puzzle pieces are perfect for my daughter's hands. They aren't too small, so she can try to put them together.
- The picture isnt bad either! My daughter loves the picture of the horses! I do appreciate how the horses are all different colors.. it makes it easier finding which pieces go where (5 horses.. all different colors, it helps!).
Overall, we love this puzzle! I rated it a 4 star just simply b/c of the missing background picture.. dont get me wrong - the puzzle is not difficult to put together at all, but for a young child it might be.. simply b/c they have no picture of what they are putting together!
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful. See all 77 customer reviews...
Bought this puzzle for elderly person expecting it to have ...
Bought this puzzle for elderly person expecting it to have a background picture. Very hard for them to put together with no picture to look at or a print on the inside of the puzzle.