Most helpful customer reviews
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
A Honest Review of this "RACE" game
I'll try to make this good.
1 It's a Disney game
2 "drifting" slows you down (despite it's 1 of few ways to get points)
3 NO NOS or Nitro at all
4 No real control during drift. Hard to stop a drift and just as hard to control changing direction in it(multi drift multi corner)
5 Driving physics are bad. Many times your car will under steer for no reason. Brakes are pointless at any point. It causes you often to hit a front corner of your car into anything and call it a self wreck.
6 some times explosions and wrecks happen in front of you and you cant see what direction to to on the track, Not to avoid but to turn left or right for a corner. There is no mini map on screen or anything.Since triggers can change the track it's not always the same lap and if you can't see the route you'll wreck or get lucky.
7 tracks are short and repeat and lots of triggers do nothing to your opponents (even when they use them on you) they blow you a bit and cause a drift but nothing bad. Only a few triggers on the track will wreck people and there are only so many per track so you have to know when and where.
Nut shell this is a poor version of a old burnout game. I think I should have got Blur instead.
1soundtrack and sound effects
2 looks pretty good
3 the semi race that's like death race meets terminator with beefed up 16wheelers barrel chucking at you.
In the end all of this combined makes it less of a fun race game and more of a strategy game. Building gauge to use only when it will work and avoid the places on track you know can wreck you, try not to drift, if you do stop before a trigger or wall. It stops being what is could have been and falls way short of a good idea that had promise. Save your self the disappointment of this bad game. It's too late for me I have it now, but there are soo many better race games out there, pick them.
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful.
Although I bought this for the 2 player mode it was lacking. So my friend and I ended up just taking turns playing the levels one single player. It is super fun to play and cheer on your friend. It is a really fun game to play with lots of excitement and unpredictable changes in the level. You have to play a round a few times in order to predict the explosions even then you never know who is going to hit you with a power ups. The 1st place AI is pretty cheap but that makes it challenging. You have some ass clenching finishing laps that is for sure.
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful. See all 134 customer reviews...
Destruction, play thy part...
By Pinak Lonkar
The game is released somewhere between 2010 and 2011 and it's still going quite strong with good graphics, smooth gameplay, and alive servers (in 2013).
1) Vertical or horizontal split screen offline mode is available, but you'll need a big screen (at least 58 inches) to enjoy the experience; and of course, another player.
2) The sense of speed and crashes with even the low budget cars is satisfying. This ain't formula one, and I am glad it's not.
3) Lots, and I mean a lots of destruction everywhere around you. You can destroy, and be destroyed, too.
4) Campaign season (or may I say the TV show?) is deep and can be long. You can always just play the single events.
5) The graphics just about qualify for the years 2011-2012. Don't expect this to be Gran Turismo 5, let alone 6. This is truly an arcade style racing game. It just so happens that it feels a lot more real than many others.
1) I did not like the crashes. They show damage but suddenly the reel rolls faster than normal, making it look unreal and the framerate also drops to some extent.
2) It is often difficult to locate the track due to so many other things happening around you. I blame this to not so great lighting and colors in the game. It's not a deal breaker trust me, but it is surely an annoyance. I often had to focus just to make sure I find the track and I am not crashing my own car going off the track.
3) How do I earn credits in this game? Some races give me credits, some don't, even if I stand 1st and power play down other cars. Not really con, but not very well explained I think in the manual, unless I missed something.
4) The drifting I believe slows you down considerably, and other cars simply get to overtake and drive ahead of you. I believe that AI cheats almost every time. This may become a problem later on in the game.
If you see a deal for $10, get this one! A lot of fun still if you have time to play video games, that is. :)